Information Technologies and Management
SURVICE has become adept at collecting, maintaining, distributing, storing, and protecting the nations critical defense information.
In today’s network-centric warfare environment, information is key. Thus, SURVICE has become adept at collecting, maintaining, distributing, storing, and protecting the nation’s critical defense information. Our personnel are involved in many types of information technology (IT) and information management (IM) efforts, providing testing, assessment and/or documentation support in the areas of information assurance (IA); NetOps and the Global Information Grid (GIG); verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); and knowledge management. We also have extensive database development and management experience. In particular, we operate the Aberdeen Satellite Office of the Survivability/Vulnerability Information Analysis Center (SURVIAC), maintaining extensive libraries and databases of survivability-related information to support individuals and organizations throughout the community in a wide range of research, development, test, and evaluation efforts.
Examples of recent or notable IT and information management projects SURVICE has participated in include the following:
- Network Operations and Enterprise Services to the Marine Corps Regional Network Operation Support Centers, Marine Air Ground Task Force Information Technology Support Centers, and the Marine Corps Base/Post/Station (Garrison) Network Operations and Support Sites
- Collection of Air Combat Damage Data from Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom
- Support of Ground Combat Damage Data Collection with the National Ground Intelligence Center
- Archive of Ballistic Test Reports for the Uparmoring of Tactical Wheeled Vehicles/HMMWV
- Broad Area Maritime Surveillance VV&A Support for Naval Air Systems Command