Skip to main content
- RallyPoint: Connect with service members and veterans on the largest military network.
- LinkedIn: Build and engage with your professional network.
- Veterati: A digital mentorship platform to support the military community in pursuing their dreams.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: A comprehensive list of tasks and information for your transition plan.
- GI Jobs: A packed guide full of every tip and topic you need to know about before you transition.
- Military: A variety of assets and articles about transitioning from the military to civilian life.
Choose Your Path
- GI Bill Benefits: Discover what education benefits you are eligible for.
- Vet Roadmap: A step-by-step plan to help you find a civilian job.
- IVMF: A training program designed to give veterans and their families skills to successfully own a business.
Connect the Dots
Military-to-Civilian Translation Tools:
Sample Translation Examples
- Commander = Director or Senior Manager
- Executive Officer = Deputy Director
- Field Grade Officer = Executive or Manager
- Company Grade Officer = Operations Manager or Section Manager
- Warrant Officer = Technical Specialist or Department Manager
- Senior NCOs = First-Line Supervisor
- Infantry = Security Force
- First Sergeant = Personnel Manager
- Squad Leader = Team Leader or Team Chief
- Supply Sergeant = Supply Manager or Logistics Manager
- Operations NCO = Operations Supervisor
- AI = additionally skilled in
- combat = hazardous conditions
- company = company, department, or section
- medal = award
- military personnel office = human resources
- mission = task/function/objective
- military occupation specialty/classification = career specialty
- squad/platoon = team or section
- reconnaissance = data collection and analysis
- regulations = policy or guidelines
- security clearance = security clearance
- service members = employees
- subordinates = employees
- TAD/TDY = business trip