In today’s network-centric warfare environment, information is key. SURVICE has become adept at collecting, maintaining, distributing, storing, and protecting the nation’s critical defense information. Our personnel are involved in many types of information technology (IT) and information management (IM) efforts, providing testing, assessment, and/or documentation support in information assurance (IA); NetOps and the Global Information Grid (GIG); verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); and knowledge management.
We also have extensive database development and management experience. In particular, SURVICE is a repository and distributor of the nation’s vital defense-related information. As the prime contractor of the Department of Defense Information Analysis Center Operation (DoDIAC), we acquire, archive, analyze, synthesize, and disseminate scientific and technical information related to survivability and vulnerability; reliability, maintainability, quality, supportability, and interoperability (RMQSI); military sensing; advanced materials; energetics; non-kinetic weapons; directed energy weapons; autonomous weapon systems; and weapon systems. Additionally, we maintain classified and unclassified databases, supporting the community practitioners in a wide range of research, development, test, and evaluation efforts.
Examples of recent or notable IT and IM projects SURVICE has participated in include the following:
- Network Operations and Enterprise Services to the Marine Corps Regional Network Operation Support Centers, Marine Air Ground Task Force Information Technology Support Centers, and the Marine Corps Base/Post/Station (Garrison) Network Operations and Support Sites
- Collection of Air Combat Damage Data from Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom
- Support of Ground Combat Damage Data Collection with the National Ground Intelligence Center
- Archive of Ballistic Test Reports for the Uparmoring of Tactical Wheeled Vehicles/HMMWV
- Broad Area Maritime Surveillance VV&A Support for Naval Air Systems Command